Educational Qualification: Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree (50% in Bachelor’s Degree means 50% marks in aggregate i.e. 50% of total marks of Honours Subject + Elective Subject) and / or in the Master’s Degree in Science / Social Science / Humanity / Commerce, or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks, or any other Qualification equivalent thereto, be eligible for application. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC, ST and PwD (Persons with Disabilities) Categories.
Age Limit: Age of Fresh Candidates will be 38 Years as on 30th June, 2015 and there shall be relaxation of 5 years in case of PwD Category.
Reservation For Deputed Candidates: As per Govt. order No. 330-Edn.(CS)/ES/EE/10M-16/15, dated 06.04.2015, 20% of the seats are reserved for untrained In Service / Deputed Teachers of classes IX to XII. If the seats, reserved for deputed teachers, remain vacant, they will be de-reserved and offered to the Fresh Candidates.
Other Reservations: 22% & 6% of total seats shall be kept reserved for SC & ST Candidates (both Fresh & deputed) respectively and PwD Candidates will enjoy a 3% reservation in each of the categories, i.e. in SC, ST and in the Unreserved or General Category.
As per Govt. order No. 330-Edn.(CS)/ES/EE/10M-16/15, dated 06.04.2015, ratio for Home University Students and Other University Students shall be 80:20.
Admission & Intake: The University of Burdwan regulates the admission programme and provides the students to enroll under the Institution for B.Ed. course. It is a fact that the institution is situated at Bidhannagar, Durgapur at the heart of the City. Considering the location and the quality of instruction, most of the students prefer to take admission to the B.Ed. course programme under this Institution as per NCTE norms. The intake capacity of this Institution is of Two Basic Units of 50 Students Each per year as per the New NCTE Regulation, 2014 and the course duration as per the new NCTE Regulation is of 2 Years.
(1) Eligible candidates have to fill up the application form of the course as notified by the University of Burdwan within the stipulated dates.
(2) Admission programme is regulated by the university centrally and is made in order of merit on the basis of scores obtained by the applicant.
(3) The University provides the list of selected candidates for admission of the course under the Institution. Duration of the course in of 2 Years.
(1) Necessary fee as fixed by the University is required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission. Fees are to be submitted in five instalments.
(2) Enrolment and registration under the University is made as per University Rules.
(3) Special facilities for full free / half free facilities are provided on basis of merit cum means.